If you received this link it is because you and I somehow became engaged in an online argument and I have determined that it is not sensible for me to continue to respond any further. I understand that this may be perceived by you as rude and condescending but I assure you, that is not my intention.
My decision to opt out was made due to one or more of the following reasons:
- You made egregious errors in logic and critical thinking and have demonstrated that you do not understand what they are or why they matter. Here is a link to a list of common logical fallacies that might help you determine which errors you may have committed.
- You demonstrated that you do not know what it would take for you to recognize that your position is incorrect. If there is no possible way to convince you that you’re wrong, then there is no point in further engagement. I assure you, I know EXACTLY what it would take for me to be proven wrong on ANY of my positions. This is the very definition of what it means to be “rational.”
- You are in a phantom argument. You made points which I then rebuked. Instead of offering a rebuttal to my counterpoints, you introduced brand new points as if your prior points never existed; or worse, repeated your prior points without addressing my rebuttals.
- You have demonstrated confirmation bias. You have an invincible belief that is immune to criticism. Instead of following evidence and constructing premises which lead to your position, you began with your position and then worked backwards; recognizing only the things you believe support it and none of the things that undermine it.
- You have demonstrated cognitive dissonance. You are holding multiple positions that contradict one another.
- You demonstrated a disturbing lack of objectivity or your entire argument is subjective and therefore, is impossible to refute.
- Your tone became harsh indicating that you are not interested in argument (getting to truth) and instead are interested in quarreling (getting at other people) in this case, me.
- You said something disparaging or discriminatory against other human beings for things they cannot control (gender, race, sexual orientation.)
- You’ve mistaken criticism for persecution. No idea or belief is immune from criticism. Religion, philosophies and ideologies are not equivalent to gender, race and sexual orientation.
- Your reading, writing and grammar skills are so poor that we cannot exchange ideas in a coherent manner.
- You trolled me. I wasn’t talking to you. I don’t care what you think.
Understand, YOU DID NOT WIN THE ARGUMENT. Arguments only make sense if all parties play by the same rules. If we play basketball and I score points by putting the ball through the hoop, but you think you score points each time you dribble the ball, the game is pointless.
Thank you for reading. Again, no hard feelings.